Semey Water Project: Project Implementation Support, Engineering Design Services and Contract Supervision
Semey, until 2007 known as Semipalatinsk, is a city in East Kazakhstan Region on the Irtysh River near the border with Russia, around 620km east of Astana and a population of 340,000.
The project aims at setting up and strengthening the capacity and at implementing a previously identified Priority Investment Programme in the water and sanitation system of some EUR 8 million.
The service comprises preparing the missing detailed designs, preparing 11 no. packages of tender documents, procurement assistance and subsequent construction supervision and works and supply contract administration.
In parallel project implementation has been closed monitored in close cooperation with PIU to be established and strengthened in all aspects of large scale project implementation and management.
- Overall project management
- Design review and detailed design of water and sanitation infrastructure
- Preparation of tender documents
- Construction supervision according FIDIC MDB
- Operational performance improvement of the utility
- Monitoring of the Project Implementation Plan